Quantcast

someone need Rivits

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I inherited these two types of Alum. rivets from my Father and their in a gallon coffee can and I'd guess over 400-500 each type would gladly trade for a good used Altimeter that will fit a 3" hole or slightly less. I would like to find a home for them because I'll never use them. Short fat ones are 1/4"Dia. head by 3/16" length and 1/8" Dia. longer ones are 3/16" Dia. head by 5/16" length and 3/32" Dia. the safety pin is a small one for scale. If interested send me a PM. Thanks Donrivit.jpg PS they are not semi tubular but solid

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
I've just given away about 20 lbs of leftover rivets because nobody would buy them.

Turd Ferguson

The longer rivets look like a brazier head or AN456 but it's hard to tell because of the shadow. If that is what they are, anyone that works on classic era airplanes could make use of those.

Altimeter wise I may have a 3 1/8" altimeter, I'll have to check and it might take a few days. Keep the thread bumped up.

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
OK TF I'll keep things rolling if I can. The only Alum plane we ever had was a Cessna AGwagon. For the life of me I have no idea why dad would have all these stored away ?

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I still have lots of different sizes of rivets from going to the surplus store at the Rockwell factory in Columbus, Oh. when they were building the B-1.
.10 cents a pound.

don january

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Its a good thing I have no intention of selling the things. Was just asking to do a swap. I guess it would be a good thing to keep in the car in case I get stuck in the snow.🙃

Latest posts