• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Some questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCPilot

I have some questions about kit aircrafts and their uses, and I hope that no one minds answering them. :)

1. I am looking at the Zodiac 601 XL as it seems like a sporty two seater aircraft that I can pack a camping gear into (I really like the baggage area) however I know that a year ago there was the whole fluttering/oscillation issue. Has this been fixed by Zenith, or is it still a problem? If it's still a problem, then I may consider another kit.

2. Can you train with an experimental or does it have to be a certified aircraft? I ask because I was close to getting my PPL, but I didn't complete because of financial issues. However now that my financial are taking care of, I'm trying to get back into the skies. One of the things that always annoyed me was when the aircraft I was training in wasn't available. Can I complete my PPL in an experimental that I built?

3. Am I going to have to make my own POH? I ask because there doesn't seem to be a POH for the Zodiac. I know that each kit is built differently, but I'd thought that there would at least be a baseline on how the aircraft is suppose to perform, performance charts and W&B.

I hope these questions weren't too stupid, and thank you for answering them. :)

Back