Quantcast

Some mods I did to the Zenith 750 and VG review

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Cy V

How does the performance with the VGs compare to the Zenith 750 STOL?

Last edited:

michael Hille

How does the performance with the VSs compare to the Zenith 750 STOL?
I’m not sure of the comparison as I haven’t flown a 750 STOL but with this set up as it is I’m taking off in under 100ft and can land in roughly 150ft I would say it definitely wouldn’t out perform the stol in a competition but for a Cruzer that does 100kts or 115mph @4500rm on 5.2 gallons/ hour on auto gas with the big wheels , I’m very happy with it and I can get into most off airport places my Stol friends can .

AJLiberatore

Mike,

Thank you for sharing your work. What is the airfoil that the Cruzer uses? They have never really said what it is, or I missed it. A true story, a dear departed aviation writing friend never got to see the 750 Cruzer fly, but he was behind the scenes bugging the Chris Heitz to build a cleaner faster version of the CH750, we are blessed that it is a reality. May I say you have created a 800 Cruzer :), you are one seat away from what IMHO might be a hit for them, aka a 850 Cruzer.

My best, Anthony.

michael Hille

Mike,

Thank you for sharing your work. What is the airfoil that the Cruzer uses? They have never really said what it is, or I missed it. A true story, a dear departed aviation writing friend never got to see the 750 Cruzer fly, but he was behind the scenes bugging the Chris Heitz to build a cleaner faster version of the CH750, we are blessed that it is a reality. May I say you have created a 800 Cruzer :), you are one seat away from what IMHO might be a hit for them, aka a 850 Cruzer.

My best, Anthony.
Hi Anthony
I’m not sure either what it is I just followed their drawing for the airfoil, we can definitely thank your friend for his persistence because they have designed a beautiful plane. It funny you mention that regarding an 850 Cruzer,I was just talking about that with a Mate the other day saying my next one should be a super duty with Cruzer wing and tail aka 850 Cruzer :) . Zenith seem to be open to developing if enough people ask Thanks for your reply and I think I’ve found the new name for the plane Zenair 800 Cruzer