Some mods I did to the Zenith 750 and VG review

Discussion in 'Tests and Improvements' started by michael Hille, Aug 26, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Aug 26, 2019 #1

michael Hille

michael Hille

michael Hille

Including flight test stalls after VG installation

2. Aug 26, 2019 #2

Cy V

Cy V

Cy V

How does the performance with the VGs compare to the Zenith 750 STOL?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  3. Aug 27, 2019 #3

michael Hille

michael Hille

michael Hille

I’m not sure of the comparison as I haven’t flown a 750 STOL but with this set up as it is I’m taking off in under 100ft and can land in roughly 150ft I would say it definitely wouldn’t out perform the stol in a competition but for a Cruzer that does 100kts or 115mph @4500rm on 5.2 gallons/ hour on auto gas with the big wheels , I’m very happy with it and I can get into most off airport places my Stol friends can .

4. Aug 28, 2019 #4

AJLiberatore

AJLiberatore

AJLiberatore

Mike,

Thank you for sharing your work. What is the airfoil that the Cruzer uses? They have never really said what it is, or I missed it. A true story, a dear departed aviation writing friend never got to see the 750 Cruzer fly, but he was behind the scenes bugging the Chris Heitz to build a cleaner faster version of the CH750, we are blessed that it is a reality. May I say you have created a 800 Cruzer :), you are one seat away from what IMHO might be a hit for them, aka a 850 Cruzer.

My best, Anthony.

5. Aug 28, 2019 #5

michael Hille

michael Hille

michael Hille

Hi Anthony
    I’m not sure either what it is I just followed their drawing for the airfoil, we can definitely thank your friend for his persistence because they have designed a beautiful plane. It funny you mention that regarding an 850 Cruzer,I was just talking about that with a Mate the other day saying my next one should be a super duty with Cruzer wing and tail aka 850 Cruzer :) . Zenith seem to be open to developing if enough people ask Thanks for your reply and I think I’ve found the new name for the plane Zenair 800 Cruzer

AJLiberatore likes this.