• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

SOLO Aircraft Engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebuilderfan

http://aircraft.solo-online.com/index.php

Some time ago I put a comment about Solo Aircraft Engines I had just found out.
I was interested to put these engines on ultralight aircrafts (european ultralight).
These Solo engines are NOT related to the "old" two stroke single cilynder Solo that you could find on paragliders or similar. We are talking about certified engines. Ok, I agree that an engine used on a motorglider maybe doesn't have the stringent requirements an engine put on a conventional plane has (because of the fact that its use is not continuous and "hard" the same way); but anyway it doesn't look to be a lawnmower class engine arranged to fit in an aircraft!
Well, now I have had some contact with the company and I post here the result.
WYSIWYG: that is: you get the items you see on the website. Stop. You can't get a reduction gear out of those you see listed.
Is it a problem? Sure it is, for me. I can't think to design and build a reduction gear! Or an exaust system.
Is there a solution? Yes; if you are going to pay for the development and building of the missing part.
Unfortunately not for me. I am only an amateur pilot.

But maybe this is interesting for someone else.
Bye.

Back