• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Social Distancing, Aviation Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Off topic, only slightly homebuilt related (see other thread on Le Pou Metallique)

Today I was determined to show that social distancing can be interesting and effective. As a public service, I flew my old grungy 172 out to El Mirage Dry Lake in the desert north of Los Angeles. I wanted to be completely certain that all the dirt bikes, quad runners, and gyrocopter enthusiasts were maintaining adequate social distancing. I did my part too, making 100% sure that I maintained at least six feet from people, houses, cars, and rooftops as I was flying out and back.

It turned out to be a beautiful day, wintertime had not yet come to the desert, it was absolutely T-shirt weather, no harsh desert winds, cold, or heat. Greetings from the El Mirage Dry Lake:

Bill El Mirage 11-21-2020.jpg N7206A El Mirage 11-21-2020-1.jpg

Back