Quantcast

Smallest possible ultralight for real men 230lbs

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

ultralajt

erkki67

I'm still in contact with TS100, and trying to convince him, to draw up a bird with his design aspects and my basic requirements for what I have in mind.:gig:

Just to sad, that he is not allowed to pursue his quest here, but there must be some unknown reasons for me, why this had to happen.:depressed

But anyway, I really hope he jumps up on my idea, as I would like to build a mockup of it, and why not even build a fly able version of it at the end.:)

Rgds Erkki

ultralajt

I'm still in contact with TS100, and trying to convince him, to draw up a bird with his design aspects and my basic requirements for what I have in mind.

Just to sad, that he is not allowed to pursue his quest here, but there must be some unknown reasons for me, why this had to happen.

But anyway, I really hope he jumps up on my idea, as I would like to build a mockup of it, and why not even build a fly able version of it at the end.

Rgds Erkki
He will stay at it was here on the forum, feets and head in the clouds.
I check his blog from time to time and he is still the same.

Armilite

Hi

I wonder how small an easy to build ultralight can be, to haul a 230lbs Pilot and T/O and land almost everywere?

I belive that the ideal would be around a design of the Texas Parasol or the nonexistant BAP!

Another design concept would be the ZJ-Viera but it should be build in aluminium and wood and no costly composites.

Also a candidate for a brush-up would be the Birdman TL1A with the engine up in front and ailerons instead of spoilers.

Ideal would be too, that the whole bird is powered be a B/S Vanguard or similar engine of Kohler, Generac, Fuji, Lifan, Kawasaki, Honda and others!

Any kind of concept is welcome, as long as it powered by a 4stroke!

Bst rgds

Erkki
=================================================================================
One the highest useful loads for any USA Part103, 254lb aircraft, is the Phionex 103, with a Hirth 50hp engine, per Kitplane Magazine. But it won't make the legal Part103 24 knot stall speed even with a 180lb pilot. But nither can most of the other, so called Part103's make the 24 knot stall speed, but maybe with a very light pilot. The Phionex103 Cabin Hoop is to narrow for most Big People.

Rich

Xanadrone

Great link with Viktor Pavlovitch's small... great planes, henryk !
Some of them (the minuscule X14d included) have been discussed extensively before, but the relative (internet) isolation of the russian homebuilders affects the flow of information, sometimes distorted (ex.: for a 6.31 m span and 0.8 m chord, the wing surface shoud be more than the announced 3.68 sq.m).

Anyway, the 55 kgs empty weight (without engine) of the X12 shown is impressive, as well as the double slotted flaps.
I wonder though which type of an - apparently - V4 2-stroker is used.
Any other detail would be highly appreciated!

garrywarber

Hi

I wonder how small an easy to build ultralight can be, to haul a 230lbs Pilot and T/O and land almost everywere?

I belive that the ideal would be around a design of the Texas Parasol or the nonexistant BAP!

Another design concept would be the ZJ-Viera but it should be build in aluminium and wood and no costly composites.

Also a candidate for a brush-up would be the Birdman TL1A with the engine up in front and ailerons instead of spoilers.

Ideal would be too, that the whole bird is powered be a B/S Vanguard or similar engine of Kohler, Generac, Fuji, Lifan, Kawasaki, Honda and others!

Any kind of concept is welcome, as long as it powered by a 4stroke!

Bst rgds

Erkki
I have one that meets two of your points, ultalight and heavy pilot. It is the Hummingbird. Its claim is ability to carry a 350 pound pilot. If interested there is an owner-abandoned Yahoo group, but much more information is at the group I created https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Vee-Tail/info
Also, there are no plans available, nor a kit. You likely would need to find one for sale. Which brings us to this: I have a Prospector model that came with floats included I bought to restore, but if I could get my investment back I would sell it, as I have to many restorations to do as is. Check the information available to see if it is interesting. Here is a YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2rDvdNbMrc

Garry

BJC

HBA Supporter
Xanadrone; ... sometimes distorted (ex.: for a 6.31 m span and 0.8 m chord said:
Since the wing does not continue through the fuselage, the enclosed area was probably excluded from the area calculation.