• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Small engines - new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebuilderfan

Hello to everyone. This is the first thread I open in this forum and I hope this will be helpfull.
Sorry for my language, but I am not anglosaxon.
Well, and now my problem: I made a search, but the most interesting thread about small engines dates about 10 years ago. There were lot of questions, hypothesis, advices but no certainties.
I am looking for something that is really hard to find today, I know it: a small engine in the range of the 45/60 hp, 4 stroke (I will tell the reason), reliable enough to be put on the nose of a plane (ok, I understand the "reliable enough" can have lot of meanings), not weighing a lot and not needing to be cut in pieces, sawn or glued to make it run properly behind a propeller; not out of production or really hard to have.

I am looking for direct experience (the web is already full of "I saw a guy..." "Try that engine xyz, should be..." "I heard that ..." etc...)
I know I am looking for something that is almost disappeared today; engines manufacturers look at other ranges of power; it is obvious, since today even the very light aircrafts are equipped from 80 hp to up( Rotax 912 first of all).

Sure I have missed something, I will however wait for a reply, hoping to solve this issue.
Thank you in advance.
Fabri

Last edited:
Back