• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Slotted Split Flap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveK

Supporting Member
I ran across something I’ve never seen before, what I can best describe as a slotted split flap. I saw a plane that looked like a Tailwind W10, but metal wing and bigger. Nothing special there, but the flaps where airfoil shaped with hinge axis well forward of flap leading edge and flush with bottom of wing. So flap rotates down opening a slot, but doesn’t translates back like a normal slotted flap since the hinge axis isn’t below the wing. The typical aileron torque tube found on Tailwinds was there in front of the retracted flap leading edge.
Anybody see a flap like this? Any data on how it performs?

Back