Quantcast

Wanted SLEPCEV Storch Plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Winginit

I see there are a lot of people who looked at this, but no one was able to provide any source for plans. I would like to know how many people are actually interested in building some version of a Storch if they could get plans. And, which version is the one you prefer?

dcstrng

If you want the actual SLEPCEV Storch, as versus the STOL King, I think you do have an uphill research project and I have no clue where you’d get those plans. The STOL King plans are less difficult to find (or were) and for the most part mimic the shrunken Storch motif of the Slepcev, but with somewhat more conventional landing gear. There was a guy on the Yahoo STOL King site who had license to sell the Preceptor STOL King plans (John Gibbons, if my memory is correct – inquire there) and I got mine from him in a matter of days once I paid with PayPal…

I sold my plans a few months ago, but have lurked over there intermittently – I note the activity is down from what it used to be, but I’d also ask over at the Yahoo site if the STOL King will suffice for you…

TFF

I believe the Slepcev Storch was a 51% kit only. No scratch building. You got a crate with a welded fuselage/ tail and all the wing parts ready to assemble. Assembly manual only.

ppmax

Hello friends at HBA.
Ref.- Slepcev Stroch plans.

At the very beginning; Mr. Nestor Slepcev sold the plans.
I have one original sample and the vectorized file to CNC laser cut the whole 4130 tubes needed to construct the plane. A really piece of cake !!!!

I've been tried several times to buy the right from Mr.- Slepcev; actually living in Serbia - Europe.

Maybe....

Having a group ( 8 - 10 projects ) we will be to offer and have the rights.

http://storch-aviation.com

Greetings from Chile - South America.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
I have an original set of Slepsev Storch plans I bought a long *** time ago. I am not willing to give them up yet but I can have copies made at one of the box outlets and then send them to those interested for reimbursement and a stipend.

TFF

Really. That's interesting. The factory demo plane use to be piled in a corner at my airport.

TFF

It moved about 70 miles south to be put back together. The guy up here who was suppose to fix it let it sit.

Soehlig

I recently emailed Slepcev about some plans, and he doesn't sell them anymore. I am definitely interested in building one as well!

ppmax

Hello fellows:

Does anyone have interest to construct the Nestor Slepcev 3/4 STORCH ?????

Digitalized files to laser cut the whole SAE 4130 tubes; was my own laborius work.

Files free for HBA members and EAA guys.

Problem. Is to adquire rights from Mr. Slepcev at Serbia.

10 firm projects, would be fine for http://www.vr3.ca and Mr. Slepcev.

Best.

fjdrill

Got a set of slepcev plans., Also, a set of ernie carlson plans for the carlson wing ( much better
cub style wing than slepcev ). price-$22k (They come with the project )

Winginit

Got a set of slepcev plans., Also, a set of ernie carlson plans for the carlson wing ( much better
cub style wing than slepcev ). price-$22k (They come with the project )
Probably ought to post some pictures of what you have and maybe a little detailed info.

Victor Bravo

Slightly off topic, but the very best and most accurate Storch replica is supposedly the "Criquet" which was a kit from South America. A guy here in SoCal has one (German version) and it really really looks good for a sub-scale replica. Really accurate appearance to my eyes. Has a 912 Rotax in it, and a full size cardboard cutout photo of Mussolini in the back seat :) The guy takes it to all the local airshows.

fjdrill

Really hadn't thought about selling it. Fuselage is on gear (shock cord not the motor bike front shocks on early storch ) Incident built into fuselage for tail high flight, w/1.3l suzuki on the mount. stainless firewall ready for trimming and cowling to be made. stick-rudder-brake petals are in, throttle quadrants not mounted. flap handle in, seats & floor boards made, tailfeathers made. rudder cables run wings ready to be assembled( again carlson truss ribs and piper type metal spars). slat ribs and spars, struts, windows cut out with strips broke for outside fairing. I think I have all the items for the cockpit panel. About the only major parts needed are prop, nose bowl, leading edge for wings. material to cover slats, tube to elevator, D section fuel tanks( for wing leading edge) and covering supplies. I have the original plans, updated plans and the plans for the carlson wings. The fuselage is @ my hanger in west central Alabama and most all wing parts are at my farm in NE mississippi . Also, I have a complete set of wing ribs plus patterns and bending blocks for a slepcev wing. Sorry, no spars for the slepcev wing. These planes have to be built light. The first one was only a 1 place with 2 stroke engine. I talked to an owner of one that said he had flown/owned from copters to P51 and this was one plane that loved to fly. He had plan to keep it behind his house in an 8 acre patch boarded by tall pines on all four sides. " Afraid it'll not clear the trees"-"Naw It'll do that - I don't think I'll get it to stop (dropping it in over the tall pine)-To do it i have to slow it down to around 25mph coming over the tree tops and It just don't seem right" The day that i looked @ his plane it was gusting to maybe 10 mph " I don't take it out on a day like today they really do stall around 18-20 mph".

Winginit

Slightly off topic, but the very best and most accurate Storch replica is supposedly the "Criquet" which was a kit from South America. A guy here in SoCal has one (German version) and it really really looks good for a sub-scale replica. Really accurate appearance to my eyes. Has a 912 Rotax in it, and a full size cardboard cutout photo of Mussolini in the back seat :) The guy takes it to all the local airshows.
Why do you feel the Criquet was the best and the most accurate scaled reproduction. Not saying it isn't, but I had not heard that before. I do know that they had some sort of structural design issue, and they pulled them back from the US market. I don't know if they fixed the problem or not, but since the USA is probably the place you would expect sales volume, withdrawing from here seems rather questionable. Personally I liked how they looked, but I pretty much like anything Storch.