• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Skylab Flybox - Android based EFIS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobraCar11

I watched a video about this that was on YouTube. I had been watching Dan Johnson videos about new avionics coming out, & I noticed this video on the side in those other suggested videos for you to watch.

It looks like he has tried it out on a tiger moth and a high max.

Is this thing a great unit to have an aircraft? Or does it do things that are already done by other avionics that most people have anyway?

Have you guys heard of this? Is it any good? Or is it "a solution that's looking for a problem?"

I am curious about this. There are so many open source projects out there. Also, with Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and other computers on a board, I wonder if we are going to see these new electronics hooking up to GPS units and other sensors, and replacing some or many avionics for the ultralight or LSA markets. I believe most run on a version of Linux, so it could be EXTREMELY stable.

I saw a short thread om this in 2012, but nothing seemed to happen. It looked like a " We`here - need your feedback" company launch thread. Vigilant seemed to check it out well. One major concern is that it was windows based back then, and it's reliability is an issue.

I remember when my cousins were in college studying IT. When they were learning about servers, the Linux professors were teasing the windows-based professors on how often they had to restart and reboot their Windows servers, where the Linux servers kid run for a very long time without even needing to restart it seemed.

Any new updates & news on this?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lHo3BQrPMq0

Back