Quantcast

Sitka & Fir for sale cheap

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Kenai.pilot

Hey, I'm moving in 6 days. I have all the vertical wood cut for a rag wing type plane. Also a bunch of Sitka Spruce and really nice Douglas fir. Got the Sitka at wicks. Hate to see this all go to waste. I guess a hundred and fifty bucks and it's all yours. I am located in Brighton Illinois Southwest Illinois not far from St Louis. Thanks and good luck. Pics will be added later today

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
What's the total amount of material, and the length of the longest pieces? I'm in KC, so a STL trip is pretty doable right now.

Pilot-34

Just out of curiosity are you headed for your namesake to Kenai Peninsula?

Pilot-34

Yes I have but when I did I could listen to art bell Rockin on KENI radio....

Pilot-34

I just got back to Illinois from Alaska Saturday lots of people are having trouble driving through Canada.
Did you have any trouble or did you fly it

TFF

I had a friend fly a small helicopter to Alaska with limited range. He was not allowed to leave the airports he refueled at. Had to bring own food; camped at one. He had a friend who wanted to fly a camping trip in his Cub from Alaska. He was told he could only camp at the airport, so he turned around and went home.

Hope someone grabbed the wood.

JasonKing

I wish I seen this earlier, I’m building a ragwing and live in Nebraska, might’ve been able to make the trip.

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
I just got back to Illinois from Alaska Saturday lots of people are having trouble driving through Canada.
Did you find a buyer for the spruce? If not, I'm interested!

AIRCAB

Unfortunatly some US citizens have been using the "travelling to Alaska" excuse at the border, the continuing on with their holiday. They never had the intention of going straight to Alaska. At 2 cases have been reported in Canadian media. Those groups has a poor 14 days of forced isolation ! Be Cautious!

Pilot-34

Cases have been reported in the Alaskan media of families trying to return home and being told only one adult needs to drive the car through Canada the rest can get there some other way
Apparently it’s entirely up to the discretion of the officer at the border

AIRCAB

Cases have been reported in the Alaskan media of families trying to return home and being told only one adult needs to drive the car through Canada the rest can get there some other way
Apparently it’s entirely up to the discretion of the officer at the border
I can see that possibly happening. A few people abuse the situation, and the honest people pay !

Bigshu

HBA Supporter
Did I miss it, or is the spruce still for sale?

Pilot-34

I think it must’ve been left behind or put on the curb I think Kenai pilot is in transit