Single Tube Fuselage idea

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Guillermito

Hi everyone! This is my first message to this community!
I wanted to share with you these images obtained on a site, I do not know if Russian or Ukrainian of this interesting two-seater plane equipped with rotax 582, unfortunately I do not know the name of the plane or its origin, I only know that its creator is Viktor Ivanych.
It seems to me an interesting option, unfortunately I don't have more data.
I think it would not be difficult to design a single-seater version.
Greetings.

Attachments

Urquiola

The concept of hybrid power flying machines, I like it, that's the way. Don't have the expertise for calculations, but under the premise Cruise takes 50-60% of engine power; takeoff, climbing require it all, a low weight generator, a turbine, small turbines could never be economical, it's a Reynolds Number issue, a Wankel RCE, dimensioned for Cruise, with an small battery providing power for challenging situations, a safety reserve, acting as 'buffer', does not need being very big, allowing weight reductions.
AXTER AEROSPACE in Madrid prepared an electric engine, somehow 40 KW, to be installed inside propeller's hub, for ICE failures, adding power in special situations.
Cost of this, all included, batteries, controls, display, was close to $20'000. For sure smaller or home made versions could be cheaper. Blessings +