single seat, composite, ultralight STOL - would you like it?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Birdman100

wow.. only 3x450g/m? I am using 2x 4 layers of 450g/m2
1x225 + 3x450 is exactly 4mm. that is sufficient for a mold that is 70 cm wide and about 3m long (that for wing: I have huge flaps and slat, so main airfoil is narrow, and I have additional wingtips-some kind of winglets)

fuselage is complex in shape so that complexity gives some rigidity to the mold structure as well. There would be some local reinforcements and ribs/longerons if necessary.

The question is size of the mold and potential further purpose: would you go for one demolding (prototype) or many (serial production)...

I will be happy for my molds to survive 5 demoldings for other I dont care (I could make new in that case)... I would say 8x450 - that is 8-9mm, is too much for homebuilt application, 5-6 x 450 is more appropriate - my oppinion; but again, all my designs are small so skinnier molds fit as well.

danko9

DangerZone, I am very curious to hear more about the design flaw in the FlyNano. Might you be so kind as to explain what exactly you are referring to? I would love to hear any other opinions here too!

Head in the clouds

DangerZone, I am very curious to hear more about the design flaw in the FlyNano. Might you be so kind as to explain what exactly you are referring to? I would love to hear any other opinions here too!
I would have thought it was obvious ... DZ said "The FlyNano has a serious design flaw for an amphibian", and I guess the design flaw is its complete lack of wheels. An amphibian needs floats (or floating hull) AND wheels ;)