• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Single or multiple buses, what is better and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battson

I am just doing some preliminary design, and one of the first choices is the sort of bus bar layout to use.

Right now, I am thinking it would be lighter to have a single Avionics bus, with the EMS, EFIS, and COM off of it with seperate power switches for the EFIS, EMS, radio, and other instrument (e.g. transponder) straight off the bus.
Would there be an advantage to having seperate avionics and comms buses?

Thanks for your wisdom!!

Oh and I should say - obviously the power electronics like lights and trim will be a seperate battery bus, always available. I am thinking more in terms of the panel supply.

Last edited:
Back