• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Single engine 300-400hp pusher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC135DELTA

It's been awhile but I have been running a little design through my head the past month or so. Sorry if the write up is rough, please bear with me.

The basic concept is; high horsepower (300-400hp) turbo normalized water cooled single engine mated to the rear of an extremely efficient pressurized 6 place carbon composite fuselage in center line thrust fashion with the main wing spar passing below the rear bench seat.

Think scaled down learfan

Learfan_FlightOfTwo_P2.jpg

With the only major difference being the intake would probably be a NACA duct and the cooling radiator would essentially be the vertical stab in a T tail configuration in order to get the horizontal stab outside of the prop diameter so we can get a cleaner less interrupted airflow.

Benefits of this design include
-clean jet like visibility
-far less noise as the propwash and turbulence is simply carried off into the airstream
-more efficient as the propwash is no longer destroying the airflow over the fuselage

very rough idea but the idea is to keep it light (1,800lbs empty/3,600lbs gross) and efficient with higher wing loading. One difficult issue I foresee is the wing design as the high wing loading will probably have to integrate some kind of electric flap system (hydraulics too heavy) in order to get stall speeds ~65knts

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back