• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Simpler Times and / Briggs and Stratton propellers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blane.c

Almost Human
Supporting Member
In the 1970's and 1980's when I received the majority of my basic aviation knowledge it was a simpler time.

Bernoulli's theorem was not questioned at least not in my world and wings and propellers worked by "suck".

Super Cubs like Bic lighters were cheap and expendable IE, a hunter would pay more for a animal than a Super Cub was worth and therefor a Super Cub was considered a write off. They were used thusly.

I could set up a target in my back 40 and shoot to my hearts content. I no longer enjoy a back 40.

My dog died this past week. It was a poor death ill befitting him. I now take exception with God. And I want to kick his *. Further I look forward to the opportunity.

I wonder about redrives on Briggs an Stratton engines, are they really worth it? I mean why not smaller propeller diameter? A 48" (1.219 M) diameter propeller is good to around 4000 RPM and a 42" (1.067 M) propeller is good to around 4600 RPM so what is the need of a redrive it's complexity and weight and how does it justify a longer propeller?
Thank you.

Back