Simpler Times and / Briggs and Stratton propellers

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

blane.c

HBA Supporter
Slow turning engines had huge cubic inch displacements despite there low hp which was achieved with gasoline often derived from goat-piss.

They also used to bolt the crankshaft to the airplane and the propeller to the block which aided turns in one direction. This was accompanied by a total loss oil system slinging castor oil into the slipstream and coating most of the airplane and instead of controlling the fuel supply you would turn the ignition on and off to regulate rpm.

You talk about your improvements, some things are better than that.

a gargantuan propeller would likely snap the crank of an industrial engine quickly.

rv7charlie

I'm starting to feel a bit trolled. ;-)

There is nothing in that post that is related to the original question. The last sentence is rendered moot by the fact that the little industrial engines can't make enough power at sub 2K rpm to make a large prop useful.

Daleandee

I liked all of your comments until you blamed God and wanted to "kick is a*" for your poor dog's death. Life isn't fair - for most of us.
Off topic but relevant I think ...

When my dad passed away it was the hardest thing I'd ever experienced. I didn't blame anyone but I also became very jaded and wanted nothing or no-one to get near to me knowing that I would lose them also and the pain would return.

I was just speaking to my wonderful wife of nearly 33 years tonight to thank her as she has been the one to make me realize that there will be a time when we will be parted and yet the years of immense joy we have shared together will be more than worth the pain of separation.

Don't blame God for your loss ... thank Him that you had such a friend to start with.