• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Simple introductory 2D CAD or drawing program with dimensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregory Perkins

I initially spent some time with SketchUp and realized it was more show than serious
work for simple 2D construction drawings that I wanted and so I googled CAD 2D and
wasted many more hours downloading many more programs so I thought I would
ask here if there are any favorites that dont involved thousands of dollars and hundreds
of hours to be productive. Currently the best I have found is TurboCad 2D Designer for $69 but it has poor support because the support does not distinguish between several other programs the company sells and is confusing. I believe many of the cheap and free CAD programs are 20 and 30 years old and are clunky to use and not intuitive to use.
The many "Drawing" programs have the right idea as to ease of use but they dont offer
precision and dimensions capability that are needed for serious work that does not have
to be pretty. Any suggestions ?

Back