• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Shrinking fuselage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skybound

I've been looking more into the Daisy Mae biplane. Bought the guy's book and its pretty good. My issue with it though is the fuselage width. 27" is about 3" more than I need, and about 1" more than would fit out the door. As far as I'm concerned, 24" is PLENTY. Anyone ever SHRINK a fuselage width? I've seen tons of talk of making them bigger, but not much to make them smaller. What do I need to look out for? I was thinking about the cowl width, but I plan to do the eyebrow things, and if I go down all the way to 24" I should be able to take a lot of inspiration from the pietenpol fuselage.

Back