Shop Requirements

Discussion in 'Workshop Tips and Secrets / Tools' started by Mike Armstrong, Mar 9, 2007.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Mar 31, 2007 #21

Mike Armstrong

Mike Armstrong

Mike Armstrong

Thanks Smoore, good advice and well taken.

Mike

2. Mar 31, 2007 #22

smoore

smoore

smoore

one thing I forgot to mention about the copper lines for an air compressor:

Make sure to design in a flex-line between the compressor and the rigid pipe. Much like a fuel line in an airplane, the vibration will cause work hardening of the copper and one day you'll have a leak if it's rigid the whole way. Ask me how I know that ;)

3. May 29, 2008 #23

Larry Lyons

Larry Lyons

Larry Lyons

I know this is an old thread but have to add my 2 cents. I hung an air hose recoil in the center of my shop along with a troublelight on a recoil there too. Like them a lot. Do not use PVC to plumb air line! I also bought a beer for a carpet layer friend and he turned my on to an almost new piece of carpet that I put down with double sided tape. When dirty, oil soaked, burn holes, etc, out it goes. No cost! However I am building with aluminum so no welding. My shop is all plaster board,white, air conditioned and heated with neon lights running from end to end. Can't have to much light! I am mounting everything on wheels as I go, including one small table with a different tool on each corner, grinder, chop saw, belt sander, arbor press. Larry

4. May 29, 2008 #24

gahan

gahan

gahan

sounds like it's well thought out . I just missed a replacement carpet, the one I started with is grose reguards Tom gahan