• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Shop Lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris In Marshfield

Staff member
Supporting Member
I’ve been relegated to the basement (again) since it’s the only useful space I have at my new house until I can get a new garage built. As usual, it had the quintessential two ceramic (now plastic) light bulb fixtures in the ceiling. Hardly good shop lighting.

I called my electrician brother and asked for some advice on basement lighting. Told him I wanted it to be as bright as WalMart down there. He suggested LED Strip Lights from my local home store. So I headed down to Menards and picked up three 8-foot LED strip lights for $89US apiece and placed them around the perimeter of the room where benches would go. Holy cow are they bright!

71220bedd0ed95d6b0ceff9a1d319cc0.jpg

8c5613a3e5a64c0bd8fe967960eb6f8a.jpg

I’ll pick up two or three more for the center of the shop, since I’ll probably put a welding table or something in the middle. As you can see, the utilities in the ceiling are casting some shadows.

So here’s an idea for you guys and gals putting together a shop. Inexpensive, bright, and efficient lighting for your workspace.

~Chris

Back