• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Shoot My Plane Down.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilot-34

Most of me is in IL but my hearts in Alaska
I’ve spent a lot of time looking At the remains of a old Cessna-210 laying on the ground.
I keep seeing a flying boat.
The engine is missing and there’s a folding chair where it was so it’s easy to envision the cockpit there,perhaps something resembling a WII bomber glass nose.
At one point a couple of boards laying against the wings. Looked like props to me.

What would it take to
1 bury 200-250 hp in the fuselage with drive shaft drive to a prop on each wing.
2 build a cockpit ahead of the firewall.
3 Add a water planing shape to the bottom of the. Hull.
4 whatever else I’m not thinking of to make it work.

Now please don’t tell me it can’t be done.
I know it can.

Tell me X will cost $xxx and weigh x and take xxx man hours.
In other words tell me about the challenges and let me decide if it’s impossible FOR ME.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back