• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Shielded wire where for Comm FL760

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaysmiths

The FL 760 instruction manual calls out shielded wire for the PTT even though many people who know say that it is not necessary. One guy over at VAF summed up his thoughts by saying "when in doubt follow the manufacturers directions" which makes sense to me.

There is a built in intercom in the unit and a memory toggle feature as well, both are "ground to activate".
No mention is made of wire type for these.

I'm shielding mic and headphone wires; what should I do for the intercom - memory connections above?
Also, there is a fair amount of wire in the ptt circuits with two switches and two headsets. Should all of this be shielded or none of it?

Thanks in advance, it is great to have access to the expertise found here on HBA. Can't imagine how hard it would have been in the pre Internet era.

Back