• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

She is Born.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radioinred

Hey guys Im the college kid who asked a ton of stupid questions about building an ultralight biplane. Well Im home and a few things have changed... First off the project is now a parasol type plane with the slight possibility of adding a second pair of wings. She is a two seater...now dont freak out just yet, I wouldn't dare risk anyone's life by letting them fly with me until the plane was proven completely safe after 100+ hours of testing and flying and the works. The plane is completely wood and extruded foam and she is almost ready for fabric. I have put in 50 hours so far and about $280 with the engine (no prop or redrive yet). The design is completely my own and Im sure thats quite obvious. Don't be too frightened by the cockpit area, its only about 60% complete. If you know of a good way to fabricate simple landing gear let me know. Also please bring on the constructive criticism! I would not have come this far without your advice and I surely wont finish it without some help from you guys so enlighten me!

Back