• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sharing My 3D Printed Grip With PTT Switch Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jandetlefsen

My main objective was to design a simple ergonomic grip that is suitable for 3D printing and is designed around a high quality PTT switch (1). The switch is friction locked and should be able to be pulled out with moderate force. Seems to make most sense to me. In a second iteration i also want to include a trim switch but that adds quite a bit of complexity shape wise in the 3D printing design space so will do that later. Probably have to divide the design in two halves for that. This is more of a minimum viable product.

Secondary objective was to teach myself Solidworks surfacing. I've so far avoided the surfacing section but this has really helped me get past that. I've tried to make the grip as customizable as possible, you can change pretty much any parameter down to the curvature and the size of the finger recesses, overall thickness in two dimensions, height, etc if you open it in Solidworks. If anyone want to port this into other CAD programs feel free to do so. I publish this under the WTFPL License, the "Do whatever the F you want public license".

Uploading all files, SW, 3MF, STL. The 3D printing files are rendered with a 27mm mount,

What do you think? Is that something you would use? I'm open to suggestions and improvements.

1) P1 Momentary Switches | Aircraft Spruce (using the pressfit version)

IMG_9606.jpg

Attachments

• grip 1.0.zip
    635.7 KB · Views: 28
Back