• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sharing builders Experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

I wanted to open a thread about not discussing what's needed to be done in a build or where to start but more of the glitches that come along. I'm at this time focused on the fuel tank and dash and always thought a removable dash is the ticket. I look left and right and see HZ stab and elevator off to my right and tank and engine to my left. Then a bit further to the south I see rudder pedals and aileron cables and glad to see the north is getting done. Many members look at pictures and think about whats to come and try and draw up something that will turn the tables. Now to the thread. There is never a glitch if you can foresee what is next on a build and that to me is the trick. I've come to see that the first thing off should not interfere with the next thing off and down the line. Each area is mounted then removable and a builder can only hope the selection is few. I hope all can jump in and give an area that glitched their build at that step.

Back