• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sensorless FOC controller based on InstaSPIN for aviation projects?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlcortex

Hi all,

I am developing this motor inverter, it is a compact inverter that could reach 160kw peak or double if IGBTs of double voltage are used. I am doing it for a project with a client but I think it could have an application in electric aviation.

It is based on the latest version of InstaSPIN from Texas Instruments. It is a very modern firmware that works in FOC control (Field Oriented Control), It is sensorless (don't need encoder or resolver) and allows to control all types of motors, ACIM, PMSM and BLDC.

forairplane.jpg

0_600.jpg

2_600.jpg

4_600.jpg
pcb.jpg

I am at home (for near 3 weeks) and I was wondering if there is a movement of amateur electric planes where this inverter has a place

Back