Quantcast

Selling seats fiberglass sandwich

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Tom Nalevanko

Your seats look very nice; thanks for sharing... The homebuilt industry needs all the innovation and market development that it can get.

Blue skies,

Tom

Victor Bravo

Number of layers of glass on each side of the core?
Type of epoxy or resin?
Temperature range of resin? (some UL aircraft will sit outside in the sun)
Foam or honeycomb core... density and thickness of foam?
Mounting bolt reinforcements and pattern?
Shipping cost to USA?

I think I'm forgetting something...

oh for goodness sake what could it be...

oh yes, now I remember... if you are selling these seats I'm sure that you want to be paid for them.

When my project is nearing completion and I am ready to consider purchasing a seat... am I supposed to GUESS at the price for yours?

meglin1

1. Typically, two layers of glass
2. EPOXY-525
3. 50 degrees Celsius. If you want to make a more heat-resistant variant.
4. The foam of 10 mm thickness. If necessary, it can be replaced by Mr resistant.
5. fixing scheme can be anything.

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
1. Typically, two layers of glass
2. EPOXY-525
3. 50 degrees Celsius. If you want to make a more heat-resistant variant.
4. The foam of 10 mm thickness. If necessary, it can be replaced by Mr resistant.
5. fixing scheme can be anything.
Vladimir Meglinsky, the questions that VB asked are really standard information which one should post when selling an aviation part. So it might be wise to be more specific about a product you are selling, otherwise you will not have much success in sales.

Try to specify which glass weave are on the seat, is it the 200g/m2 or some other. Then, specify the soric foam (or whichever kind of foam you are using) because many foams are not heat resistant and deteriorate fast in temperatures as high as 70 degrees centigrade and straight UV light. If not using the proper foams, your aircraft seat will have a life expectancy of two (2) to four (4) hours, way less than the needed minimum of 2000 hours that seats are usually designed for. The paint scheme and color of the seat will certainly rise the inner temperature above 70 degrees centigrade and rend the seat structurally useless. Finally, the price of the seat and shipping to USA or EU should be specified, and this is what actually sells your seat.

I visited Ukraine a couple of times and know business rules are slightly different than in the West. However, the asked infromation is pretty standard if you want to sell something, so try to be as acurate as possible to be able to sell. And good luck with your sales, hopefully the quality of the seat is (or will be) as good as the looks.

meglin1

You are absolutely right!
Everything is just like that.
However, we make these sdenya 1995. They are widely used in the raztyh types of aircraft including indoor and outdoor shower. But the operation of any complaints about the lack of thermal stability have been reported for 20 years. Perhaps we have a cool climate. But our planes also fly in Jordan, South Africa, Mozambique, Paraguay, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Armenia.

meglin1

Price per seat - $ 90. The shipping costs depend on the country, the number of seats, the method of delivery. airmail delivery in the United States two seats worth $ 41.
Shipping surface mail to the UK - $ 30.
Typically, the seat is fiberglass T-13, thickness of 0.25-0.3 mm, weight 300 g / m2.
As a result, the seat weighs 1.9 kg withstands a person standing on the edge of the seat back.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Thanks, sounds like a well-made product, you just need to provide all that kind of information up front, rather than make people ask you a bunch of question. I wish you much success. Cheers, Matthew

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
Moderator Note: I moved this thread from For Sale/Wanted to our Supplier/Manufacturer Announcements section. Left a 3-week expiring redirect link in the old location.

I think you'll get better response in the new section, meglin - people will be looking here for products on-sale, instead of an individual selling something "used", which is now clearly not your situation.

meglin1

Many thanks!
I will definitely take advantage of this advice.
Please forgive my mistakes.

meglin1

Currently, the customer asked to make a seat weight not more than 1800 grams. Working.