• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Selling Avid Magnum and Lycoming Engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selling_avid

Hello Home build airplane community.
I have inherited an Avid Magnum and Textron Lycoming engine from my uncle who built the plane. He had < 100 hours of flying before he nicked a wing while landing and stored it in the barn never to be used again. While it is far from usable in its current shape (dismantled), the frame, components and engine are all in good condition having been safetly stored inside. Not an avid pilot or airplane engineer myself, I have taken on the task of selling the plane and all the components. While I have been researching the the costs of such a plane and engine I am trying to figure out what is a reasonable price for such a collection of equipment. I am open to any suggestions or offers for the equipment and can provide further information/pictures, etc as necessary. One caveat is that I want to sell all of it at once and each instrument the engine piece meal. My uncle is available to discuss the condition of the plane, engine and all it's components though he is not currently using the internet, hence, my involvement.
Thank you for your information or interest.

The Lycoming Engine is the 0-320 series specifically the A3A
The Avid Magnum appears to be from 1993.
The frame is 21 ft long, 10 ft high with a useful load of 725 lbs and take off distance of 150ft with cruise speed of 130 mph (per specs)
All the control components are intact in the dashboard though what exists among them I am a little uncertain.
Thanks again!
Nick

Back