Seaplane hull design developments

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

tunnels

Banned
china is my home , place of work but was born in N
Old books and old ideas are ok as a basic starting point then you need to give those books back to the library and do some thinking of you own !! Even some test panel building and modifying and changing and see what you come up with !! You would be amazed at the number of people that have spent years working in the glassing industry that have very little actual knowledge and understanding of the materials and products they use every day of every week year after year !!!
I have spent a great proportion of my life over the last 20 years working in companies all over this planet that haven't kept up with modern thinking and were still in the bucket and roller , woven roving and chopped strand matt era . They keep blaming the materials they are using and the way they use it for things having to be heavy and breaking and did not understand there ways are completely out dated and prehistoric !! These days Every one wants speed and lightness and to there way of thinking those two cant go together !! but after showing simpler and better ways and introducing them to better materials they could not believe what was happening !! The misunderstanding of the capabilities of the materials of which they can work with these days is a complete mystery to some workers and it takes a long time to make change within some companies !! I have found it easier to take a newbie off the street that has no experience what so ever and teach them to do the job properly and make them think Than to try and stand over and spoon feed so oldies that are very set in the own ways and the moment you turn your back they straight back into doing it the old way again !!!
Most recently I started a position of COMPOSITE FORENSICS !!It means getting up very close and very personal with all and everything that's being used , also the methods that the workers are using and there tools and equipment they are using and how good a job all this combined is turning out like !! I was even asked by a factory foreman with years of experience "HOW DO I FIND BUBBLES AND WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE" ?? AND WHITE SPOTS THAT ONLY APPEAR IN SUMMER !! WHAT CAUSES THEM ?? Simply it was sweat dripping off the people bending over the yet to be wet out glass cloth !!cant be seen till the resin is applied !!!
Over the yeas I have gathered a huge library of photos of problems and there causes.

BJC

HBA Supporter
Isn't there any thing more modern and up to date ?? I never even got half way through trying to read that PDF and fell off my chair asleep !! looking at endless pages of graphs and the likes does nothing for me at all .Its time to reset the clock to 2015 and shelve or even burn that old stuff and think outside that terrible box that most people have there heads inside of !!Be adventurous and live a little !! It doesn't hurt and might even crack a smile or two !!
So what is stopping you from creating a composite airplane, using out-of-the-box thinking, with a tunnel hull, that puts all existing amphibs to shame?

Are you just a criticizer of other people's work, or are you actually going to design, build and fly something?

BJC

harrisonaero

Tunnels, I'll remind you again- really look at what Compair (Aerocomp) has done and don't be afraid to use their advanced composite methods and technical expertise- they're boat guys too and you'll have a fair bit in common.
<wink>

Kingfisher

An awesome video of an unconventionally short landing with one of my favourite flying boat designs, the Do24 (a design as old as my mother!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Group Builder