Scrolling Problem

Discussion in 'HBA Announcements & Support' started by Kyle Boatright, Sep 24, 2014.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Sep 24, 2014 #1

Kyle Boatright

Kyle Boatright

Kyle Boatright

I occasionally have problems with scrolling up and down pages on this forum. For instance, I usually click on the "New Posts" button and scroll up and down the pages looking for the most interesting threads. Except for when the scroll function doesn't work. Today was particularly bad, with huge lags between when I attempted to drag the scroll bar and when the action took place on the screen. Scrolling with the arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar was ineffective too, as was using the up and down keys on the keyboard.

I'm guessing this is a setting issue and is peculiar to my setup, but I have no idea what the problem is or why it seems to be specific to this forum.

Thoughts?

2. Sep 24, 2014 #2

Topaz

Topaz

Topaz

Super Moderator Staff Member

What operating system, and what browser? Don't know whether I can help or not, but let's try.

3. Sep 24, 2014 #3

bmcj

bmcj

bmcj

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

I would guess that scrolling problems you describe are either network delays or problems specific to your computer.

4. Sep 25, 2014 #4

Kyle Boatright

Kyle Boatright

Kyle Boatright

Windows 7, using IE 11.

5. Sep 25, 2014 #5

Topaz

Topaz

Topaz

Super Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm. I'm not aware of any particular issues with HBA and that combination. I'd check to see if your anti-malware application may be choking the action somehow (white-list HBA and see what happens). Also, if you have a friend with the same ISP in the immediate area, try pulling up HBA on their computer. Or try a laptop on your own home network to eliminate your computer itself from the fault tree.

I haven't heard of that particular issue before, so I'm not exactly sure what might be the problem.