That`s so true. If it were all easy, we would all be doing it!! Anyway, thanks for your time, effort and dedication. I, for one, am looking forward to your ultimate success. If the Russians can figure it out, so can you. ( No malice intended, Malish!)The blades are the hardest part of making a ducted fan. With compressor blades the twist isn't quite right and the pitch is wrong if you mount them as mounted in the jet engine. But, ya gotta start somewhere and they beat bending them up from flat stock. I suspect I could optimize the blades if I had access to an entire set of compressor blades as each row has different pitch and twist.
I did make the blade angles adjustable in the 11 inch fan and it made a big difference.
The first hub I made for the 17 inch fan mounts them in the same orientation as in the jet engine. The next task is to make an adjustable blade hub.
An alternative to a multiple row arrangement is a two rotor contra-rotating fan with the advantage of taking the swirl out of the exhaust stream. If you use a same direction, multiple rotor fan you have to have stators in between the rotating rows and the swirl is still there requiring an exit stator row.
Nothing is simple!