• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Saw a cool plane today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wally

I was at the local airport for an EAA chapter meeting. After the meeting, we were wandering around the ramp and I saw the CAF (Commerative AF) meeting had adjourned also. They meet in a different hangar. And sitting over at the gas pump was a
HAWKER SEA FURY.

I knew it was at the ariport but when I saw it about a year ago, it was in the back of a hangar with the engine off. Well, let me tell you, it is together now and it flys! I was standing by it when he cranked up. What beautiful noise an R3350 engine makes. After takeoff, he proceded to make several passes down the runway and a couple of times he turned on the smoke. On one pass he had to be making at least 250kts.

A nice T-6 took off just before him and it looked small and positivly pokey compared to the Hawker.

Just wow,
Wally

Back