• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airplane For Sale Savoia Marchetti S-56-B Hull

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Tiger Tim

Looks like a work of art but I’m a little surprised to see no limber holes. Do seaplanes not have those for balance reasons or something?

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
That's beautiful!

Bill, go buy that immediately, and call ScaleBirdsScott from the car while you're on your way to get the hull.

If you buy that fuselage and the engine, I will contribute the spruce for the spars... my EAA chapter has wood sitting in a hangar, and I will absolutely abuse my position as a chapter graybeard to put that spar stock in your hands.

That airplane will be an absolute delight to behold.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
To the future owner of this fine project.

I have several sheets of plywood in the Seattle that need a new home.

The are already loaded on a delivery truck. There is more than shown below. Nearly full sheet (4x8) of 1/64 Burch 3 ply.

Also large sheets of Kevlar and carbon honey comb panels from Boeing as in floor panels.

3638C428-E5C5-4FA0-8230-0BC10FE97431.jpeg A0BF2683-0050-454A-9DEF-68249C8A621E.jpeg

Tench745

Looks like a work of art but I’m a little surprised to see no limber holes. Do seaplanes not have those for balance reasons or something?
I think I see limber holes; little square cutouts either side of the keel timber when looking from the front.

ScaleBirdsScott

I wouldn't balk at someone wanting to go with a Verner but I'd think if putting in all that work maybe a classic like a Kinner or Scarab is a good option?