• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Sampling Light Aircraft Crashes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianW

I took a look at an NTSC database of accidents. I sampled fourteen months of light aircraft 2007-2008
1 Champion
3 Cirrus SR22
1 Piet Aircamper
1 RV6
2 RV7A
2 RV8
1 Sonex
1 Sorrel SNJ7

I did not check the investigated source, instead supposing that most crashes are related to
pilot error - some after engine difficulty; I wanted a sense of the difficulty of reviewing airframe failure
due to pop rivet fatigue, composite fractures, glue line failures , plastic matrix failures.
Oh yes: getting good data on that topic is not easy!

Back