• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sale or trade Gerdes A-110-4 brake cylinders

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

don january

Log Member
I have a new set of these Gerdes A-110-4 short stroke. gerdes a-110-4 brake cylinder.jpg that I would like to swap for some good heel brake cylinders or ??? will sell out right also. I have a fare Idea what there worth so make me an offer and we can work out shipping. Pm here at HBA or email me at [email protected]

don january

Log Member
What do you want for them? What do you need in trade?
I feel $160.00 for the pair. or would swap for some heal brakes cylinders or instruments like EGT/CHT/ Compus / Good single throttle quadrant with cable. Could use some good rims with brakes for my T-mono or tail wheel. Heck throw some ideas my way I'm always looking for plane stuff.

don january

Log Member
I feel $160.00 for the pair. or would swap for some heal brakes cylinders or instruments like EGT/CHT/ Compus / Good single throttle quadrant with cable. Could use some good rims with brakes for my T-mono or tail wheel. Heck throw some ideas my way I'm always looking for plane stuff.
Still have the brake cylinders but price has been going up in the past 4 years due to they can not be found anymore. Still open to reasonable offers.

Dan Thomas

Still have the brake cylinders but price has been going up in the past 4 years due to they can not be found anymore. Still open to reasonable offers.
They really are scarce. I don't know when Gerdes shut down, but I couldn't get new Gerdes stuff more than five years ago when working on a Lake amphibian, which used Gerdes wheels and brakes. You might contact a Lake dealer/shop and see if they'll buy them.

don january

Log Member
Thanks for the heads up Dan. In truth I wonder if rebuilt parts can be found? If not maybe just a thing of the past like the KR2 blue prints. Maybe someday someone will come along needing parts such as the springs or O- rings and plungers. I have no need to sale but want everyone to know there is a set sitting out here if needed.

Dan Thomas

Thanks for the heads up Dan. In truth I wonder if rebuilt parts can be found? If not maybe just a thing of the past like the KR2 blue prints. Maybe someday someone will come along needing parts such as the springs or O- rings and plungers. I have no need to sale but want everyone to know there is a set sitting out here if needed.
They use standard MS28775 series O-rings. It's the rest of the parts you can't get. The cylinders get corroded or scored. The shsft wears. They're certainly worth something.

don january

Log Member
I had a gentlemen contact me today from Kentucky needing them for a new spring for I believe it was a Champ so I offered them for $120.00 each and looking at prices of Matco or Groves I thought it was a good deal? I didn't want to split the set up. I do hope he finds the spring he needs and the cylinder wall wasn't hurt.

allonsye

I'll bet you can find virtually all the internals at Mcmaster Carr. For old ones with corroded barrels i'd think reboring and going to oversize plunger and seals is not out of the question.