• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Saberwing Kit Airplane Build....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Clapp

Hi Folks,

I would like to let you know about something new we have posted on our website AzaleaAviation.com. It is a series we are doing that takes you through an entire airplane build of our Saberwing Kit.

http://www.azaleaaviation.com/SaberwingBuild.htm

It is a daily progress report of sorts that will give you some general information and pictures as we go through the kit. We are building the kit as we sell it. So we wont use any tools or products that aren't in our build info. I wont be able to post every day I am sure but will get the new pages out in batches as time permits. If you have lots of questions or comments I may not be able to get to all of them since we are trying to have this plane flying to Sun n Fun in a few months time. Our goal is to have it completed sometime in early March. This week our goal is to have it on the gear and sitting in it. According to our design that should be possible in less than one weeks work. As of today we have about eight hours of work into it. Most of today was spent fixing the main power supply to our shop... :( However all is good now :)

I hope you enjoy it an can learn something from it. We are hoping to keep our first builders motivated in building their kits so we are showing them how quickly it can go together if you just spend a couple of hours a day and a weekend day working on it.

Have fun watching!

Bill Clapp

Back