• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

RV3 wings on Sonerai2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aviacs

What books (Aero dynamics) should i read to consider putting RV3 wings on an S2?
Possible advantages: stronger spar, integral tanks in wings, flaps, Hoerner tips.

Wings are practically the same size, Hoerner tips increase both actual and effective span, possibly reduce stall/landing speed on S2 also considering the flaps?

RV3 Hoerner tips will actually fit S2 wings, but that changes loads on spar.

Sonerai 2 airfoil is "modified" NACA 64A212 laminar
RV3 wing is NACA 23012

I have S2 that was flying 20+ years in Canada as well as both sets of wings described.
I want the front seat, at least for baggage not to mentions that on SS I cannot afford to acquire the rest of an RV and associated engine, and feed it. Vague part of the consideration is getting the S2 which was Canadian and hence deregistered, re-registered in US as Experimental (IOW, do enough changes to pass) I also need to raise turtledeck or raise canopy and install roll-over protection.

Comments welcome on wing Q, and on least changes to re-register in Experimental Category.

Thanks!
smt

Back