Rough River Canard Fly-in

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

dwalker

HBA Supporter
I drove up with a former long-ez driver to the fly in yesterday. On the way we went through some rain and was a little concerned maybe some folks would stay home. Turned out to be a very good event with I think around 50 canard aircraft there, the sun came out a little before noon and planned kept arriving. Giving rides, and there were a lot of high speed low passes over the field. Ended up being a great day at the airfield.

Pictures are sort of random, and do not show all the aircraft that were there.

Attachments

Last edited:

TFF

They have been doing it a long time. I use to go up there for the Spring Scale RC contest.

dwalker

HBA Supporter
They have been doing it a long time. I use to go up there for the Spring Scale RC contest.
Yeap, the fellow I drove up with has been going since the 90's. Really laid back and cool event, with some hard work and a little luck I will fly the Dragonfly up next year.

dwalker

HBA Supporter
It is held at Rough River State Park in Kentucky, will need to check the roughriver.org website for dates next year, but it will be about the same time as this year.

cblink.007

Rough River State Park is pretty neat. Cabins and rooms available within a 5 minute walk from the airfield. For you Corvette fans, the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green as well as the Mammoth Caves National Park is not far away either!