Rotor revolution

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

dong090909

1. I respect Sikorsky, but this does not affect my skepticism about his company, working in the rigid rotor field.
2. I think Sikorsky may be wrong on the following points:
A. The rotor should not be used for flight, the efficiency is too low, it is best to only use it for lift
Of course, the premise is:
---The rotor can be collected;
---The flexible rotor is too complicated to be collected, so the collection should start with the rigid rotor.
B. It is best for the rotor to only work at a low forward speed. The essence of using the rotor for high-speed flight is: self-made great troubles, and then great solutions.
C. The lift balance condition of the coaxial or common axis reversing rotors is : the upper and lower rotors are in the same phase. This point is so significant that the world has lost its way to improving rotor systems.

3. The high difficulty of rotor aerodynamics is reflected in: how to ensure the lift balance of the upper and lower rotors at the forward speed.
4. DONG090909 is determined to abandon the essence of flexible rotors of all the great airlines for nearly a century, and also keeps a distance from Sikorsky's great ABC rotor theory and takes its own unique path.
5. To maintain the rotor, at the forward speed, the plan for the balance of lift is:
A. The rotor is only used for lifting and landing, not for flying, that is, the aircraft is designed for the collection of rotors.
B. Try to increase the number of blades of the rotor.
C. Try to keep the rotor working at low speed.
D. Let the fixed wing suppress the fluctuation of rotor lift and maintain the survival of the aircraft.
E. Use the side-flying gyro effect for stabilization.
F. When there is no forward speed, use 4 tilting engines to fight the side wind.

Attachments

• Q.jpg
    Q.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 微信图片_202201021533581.jpg
    微信图片_202201021533581.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 45
  • WeChat_20220114183530.mp4
    1.3 MB

henryk

upper and lower rotors

-auer solution (15 kG thrust/ 1 kW)

=upper rigid propeller,small diametr,
=lower=semi gyro (big/smal AoA)

=Differential Electric motor

+push engine/propellers (as autogyro have )

Attachments

• IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 14

dong090909

Everyone:
Thank you for your support.
I have a lot of respect for Sikorsky, and I reckon that his company has to focus on the high-speed work of the rotor because of its dedication to the military field.
Reminder: The biggest feature of this patent is that the rotor is placed up and down the fuselage, inspired by UFO: flying saucers.

Attachments

• 微信图片_20220114204103.jpg
    微信图片_20220114204103.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 22

TFF

The idea is approaching 100 years old. 1925 with Cievera’s first Autogyros. It’s been with us ever since.

To make a better mousetrap, when flying forward, you have to get rid of the rotors. The problem is when it is flying like an airplane, you have to get rid of the drag the rotors make when just taking a ride. Same with helicopter mode. You have to get rid of the wings interfering with the rotor working.

Sikorsky X-2 technology gets rid of the wings by turning the rotors into them when it comes to retreating blade stall. The main problem in all of this; this is why helicopters are speed limited. Bell V-22 turns the rotor into propulsion like a normal airplane to get rid of the rotor drag and fly on the wing. The perfect platform gets rid of the unnecessary when it’s not needed. Very hard to hide a rotor or a wing.

dong090909

Since I wrote political theories in the mainland, others blocked me, and it was difficult for me to communicate with others in the mainland.
I would love to exchange the theory of aircraft with you, as long as it is in the technical field, even if you point out my mistakes, I would like to thank you very much.
Because you pointed out my mistakes, that is the greatest help to me.

Study the German helicopter patents from the 1930’s and early 40’s. You may learn something from them.
Rotor on the bottom of the fuselage: now there’s something you don’t see every day. There must be a reason for that...

dong090909

The idea is approaching 100 years old. 1925 with Cievera’s first Autogyros. It’s been with us ever since.

To make a better mousetrap, when flying forward, you have to get rid of the rotors. The problem is when it is flying like an airplane, you have to get rid of the drag the rotors make when just taking a ride. Same with helicopter mode. You have to get rid of the wings interfering with the rotor working.

Sikorsky X-2 technology gets rid of the wings by turning the rotors into them when it comes to retreating blade stall. The main problem in all of this; this is why helicopters are speed limited. Bell V-22 turns the rotor into propulsion like a normal airplane to get rid of the rotor drag and fly on the wing. The perfect platform gets rid of the unnecessary when it’s not needed. Very hard to hide a rotor or a wing.
Hi TFF
Very pleased to meet you. Your opinion is pertinent.
The appendix is one of my collections, planned for military use
This entry-level version, which I plan to use only at 60 km/h, is tucked to reduce air resistance.
Dong090909

Attachments

• 微信图片_20220114213658.jpg
    微信图片_20220114213658.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 微信图片_20220114213709.jpg
    微信图片_20220114213709.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 14

dong090909

Study the German helicopter patents from the 1930’s and early 40’s. You may learn something from them.
Rotor on the bottom of the fuselage: now there’s something you don’t see every day. There must be a reason for that...
Yes, Rotor on the bottom of the fuselage , it is a big trouble.
But compare with the rotar classic trouble, I select it, and I hope it will be a solution
dong090909

dong090909

hide part and hide all

Attachments

• 微信图片_20210604212351.jpg
    微信图片_20210604212351.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 微信图片_20210430192637.jpg
    微信图片_20210430192637.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 微信图片_20210428160554.jpg
    微信图片_20210428160554.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11

D Hillberg

I'll be blunt - If you really knew Mr. Sikorsky and studied more you'd know your idea [patent] is a pipe dream.

Igor has the same designs proposed by "Military Idealists" Hidden rotors, added wings. JATO, Ejection seats etc.

1. A wing forward of c/g adds a destabilizing effect on any rotor craft
2. rotors set too close to a fuselage subject it to drumming and collision [even rigid rotors flex] hub rigid not blades
3. Lower rotor hazards -FoD, hazardous ground handling, bad performance, tip strikes, Excessive landing gear highth
4, Aircraft entry, hovering = no hoist or parachute operations only exit is tail, cockpit = C/G limits?
5. autorotation - wings and more blades will cause a near vertical descent. A CH 53 is look at your crotch landing
6. weight of folding and storing rotors remove useful load [It's all about the load, the load is the reason]
7. going rigid rotor only means the hub action had feathering bearings blade will still flex, Lead, Lag, Flap, Cone.

I've seen this same idea 35 years ago. A Japanese student getting his helicopter certificate at Hiser,
Charles York and I spent days setting with him going over ideas. He too had ideas he thought were only his.

Igor was a fine practical man. One of his sons was a fine artist "Hi Sergi, My old man knew your old man"
My family worked at Los Angeles Airways [Mom Dad Aunt Uncle & George Bingo]
Sergi got a nice drawing of his fire hawk with a cartoon fireman... He has it with his other art work.

All the World's Helicopters and Rotorcraft - the most complete helicopter collection in the world. Helicopters, autogyros, tilt-rotors, tilt-wings etc.

Here's some links - Study more, Think how to move more cargo with less weight, parts, cost.
The Robinson Helicopter is #1 in sales ... A. cost B. 2 or 4 persons C. economically sound
Not because of a government contract - It fills a need. Low cost transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.