Quantcast

ROTOMAX 150cc PROP

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Winchester 44/40

Hi
I hope this email finds all members well , can anybody tell me the correct prop for a brand new Rotomax 150cc .
I emailed Hobby King and the reply was 22 '' to 34'' good answer , none of the sites that show a 150cc don't
mention a prop size ? .

Steve . ( Australia )

BJC

HBA Supporter
Years ago, I enjoyed shooting a 44/40 single action Ruger pistol and a Winchester carbine. Fun weapons that sling heavy lead.

BJC

TFF

With electric you have to match prop size to the battery draw. You usually have to have a current meter and put different props on that will match the motor , battery , and esc and measure the amps. You have to keep the amps in a certain range at full power or it all burns up.

Wild Bill

That motor will not turn much of anything over 28” in dia. A 28x12 is too much prop. For hobby applications where the voltage will drop off quickly it might do ok with larger props.
But on a maned aircraft application with a lot of batteries it’s a different story.
25-26 inch props are more realistic for it. Forget about 30” and up. It will not turn those props adequately.
For manned UL type planes it really needs a redrive. That way you could get to at least the low to mid 30’s on prop dia.