rotec 2800

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

chuckparker

Anyone know current pricing on the rotec radial r2800. Investigating using one for a series 7 kitfox. The folks at kitfox didn't know the pricing, directed me to rotec's page. Rotec requires an email to obtain pricing, which I did and have yet to receive a reply.

TFF

There is a r3600 for sale on Barnstormers for $23K; Im pretty sure thats a deal. I am pretty sure new ones are about 30 something.

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
My information is pretty out of date; I got a quote at OSH in 2010. Sadly, I didn't get to follow through on the purchase ("life happens"). It seems they like to keep the price of the R2800 just shy of the Rotax 912.

Cy V

The Verner has a 600 hour TBO. Any idea what the TBO is on the Rotec?

dirk_D

I heard he just moved to a new factory and is flat out making water cooled head kits for jabiru, they have a landline telephone, you should call him - he may not get the time to answer emails so readily.

ScaleBirdsScott

If verner made a direct comparson engine to the R3600 that woukd be nice; they look like solid motors.

The Rotec look rather clean which I lIke.

Last I saw a price on the 2800, which was moons and moons past, they seem comperable to other aircraft engines, like 18-20ish?