Rotax C Gearbox WANTED

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Andy Hughes

Rotax C Gearbox WANTED would like complete with starter and ring gear but will entertain all that are offered low hours

Armilite

The Rotax C Gear Box has No E Start, that's the E Gear Box. You either have to use Rotax's E Start that Bolts in place of the Rope Pull, or use a GPL Starter. I also believe they may have Discontinued the C Gear Box. CPS only lists the B & E today. There is a Belt Drive Sold on ebay that has E-Start $900.

Andy Hughes

I'm going to use a GPL starter. Has anyone made or makes a clutch for the E box? I have heard it is possible using a GPL starter and fab work?

Armilite

I'm going to use a GPL starter. Has anyone made or makes a clutch for the E box? I have heard it is possible using a GPL starter and fab work?
=============================
RK400 Clutch works with the C & E Gear Box. Steve beatty of Air Screw was making a Billet Starter Cover for the Rotax Type Starter. Looks HD. Starter is same off a Seadoo Jet Ski.

ROTAX BILLET STARTER CASE.jpg

Andy Hughes

Is the reason the mfg of the RK400 clutch kit stated that it wont work with a E box because of the E box starter? Everything will just bolt inplace? Will fit I just called

Last edited:

Andy Hughes

Billet start housing looks great but I don't have the room for the starter orientation I need the starter to be a 90 degree to the engine like the GPL unit.

Chic

Still looking for a C gearbox? I have one with literally 5 hours on it and it has 3.0 gears. Chic

Chic

Sure! Looks like I just bought a 582 with a 3.47 "C" gearbox on it also! I was hoping it was going to be a 2.62 so it looks like this one may be avail also! Chic
PS, Does anybody have a set of 2.62 gears for a C gearbox?

Chic

Sure! I have not heard from Andy so its up for grabs. Looks like I just bought a 582 with a 3.47 "C" gearbox on it also! I was hoping it was going to be a 2.62 so it looks like this one may be avail also! Chic

Chic

Sure! I have not heard from Andy so its up for grabs. Looks like I just bought a 582 with a 3.47 "C" gearbox on it also! I was hoping it was going to be a 2.62 so it looks like this one may be avail also! Chic

Chic

Thruster! I sent you a private message! Has my phone # in it! Thanks, Chic

Marc W

I played around with the Culver Props estimator. I think I should stay with the 3.0 gears I have so I am no longer interested. Thank you.