Rotax 912is for $35,000???

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

cheapracer

Log Member
Thanks for the answers and input Guys, the insight into some of your mindsets is appreciated, and helpful.

Does our man in China know anything about these Rotax?
No, seems like a scam for $8000 doesn't it, we will see.

I have actually seen a Rotax roller bearing crankshaft on a display booth of a local crankshaft manufacturer who makes a number of American aftermarket cranks, I believe they are SCAT cranks. Another in my city makes all the Eagle V8 crankshafts.

Last edited:

Rik-

Thanks for the answers and input Guys, the insight into some of your mindsets is appreciated, and helpful.

I have actually seen a Rotax roller bearing crankshaft on a display booth of a local crankshaft manufacturer who makes a number of American aftermarket cranks, I believe they are SCAT cranks. Another in my city makes all the Eagle V8 crankshafts.
The Rotax crank is a 2 piece crank. When Jason Busat, Hal and all the guys who do the Rotax upgrades they actually weld the crank at the joining point making the crank stronger.

saini flyer

CR, I am not going to comment on the Rotax pricing but would also like to know what engine(s) you are planning on using in your kitplane. Also, what you think might be a good pricing on FWF irrespective of the engine and horsepower for a typical LSA. I genuinely want some input as you are already deeply involved in your kitplane development.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
If something is not worth the money to you, do not buy it. It sounds callous, but it is just how markets work. If enough people think that way, the price may come down. Or exclusivity may drive the price higher. Either way, we have this sad truth - many of the things we like in life cost money, and most of us have to make choices.

In this case the big volume guys in this market are $35k for everything, the next guy is $18k. Kind of surprised he is that low, he needed to be less than the Rotax or no one would look at him, and the automotive conversion requires another step, but half is a bunch lower. I suspect that if anyone else has a comparable engine with all of the FWF stuff to go on the RV12, it won't be much lower - not enough profit left to make for a business case, taking the risks, setting up shop, hiring and paying folks, etc. To be a lower price may require the business to be a labor of love, and that usually means a short lived company. You want them to be around a few years down the road to supply parts specific to their conversion? They need to be a profitable and long lived outfit to do that...

Billski

cheapracer

Log Member
CR, I am not going to comment on the Rotax pricing but would also like to know what engine(s) you are planning on using in your kitplane. Also, what you think might be a good pricing on FWF irrespective of the engine and horsepower for a typical LSA. I genuinely want some input as you are already deeply involved in your kitplane development.
I'd rather not comment, after seeing a number of what I consider to be brainwashed replies here, I can't see any win by stating what I think is reasonable.

By the way, my new book about making new friends has just been released ... :D

Also my situation is dynamic, and has even changed even since I started this thread, but you are correct, I am indeed drawing very close to needing to make a firm decision, and over the next months I will be testing a few options out.

Kind of surprised he is that low, he needed to be less than the Rotax or no one would look at him, and the automotive conversion requires another step, but half is a bunch lower.
What should be noted is that his FWF package is less than half the Vans FWF package price, and he probably sells less than Vans does.

The problem for him competing against Rotax on a Vans is price percentages, meaning the extremely over priced RV12 total package makes the 18K difference smaller than t would for a Sonex.

pictsidhe

Most aftermarket 'American' cranks are now forged in China and machined in the USA. The Chinese have all the modern forging gear that America no longer does.

cheapracer

Log Member
Most aftermarket 'American' cranks are now forged in China and machined in the USA. The Chinese have all the modern forging gear that America no longer does.
Yes, in my city! Well known Eagle crankshafts are but 10 minutes drive away from me, while SCAT are 20 minutes away. Then there's a few others an hour away.

This will be fun ... apparently in Indonesia.

Rotax fun.jpg

Last edited:

cheapracer

Log Member
Oh and another reply for the $6250 Rotax engine from Indonesia ..

I wonder if Rotax know their engines have a 3 year warranty!

Hi,

Thank you for your email reply,

And Happy New Year 2020..

Below our payment and terms condition :

We ship via DHL Courier Service take just 3-4 days with door to door service.

The payment process by Bank Transfer to our company bank account details, after payment immediately we process the shipment and provide to you the shipping document and tracking number as the proof.

This machine complete with 3 years international warranty and 3 month return policy and we offer refund in case of accident or damage during delivery, we will refund your money or replace the orders.

Please let me know if you accept our terms with provide me your complete shipping address, phone number so I can prepare the proforma invoice and send to you together with our company bank account details as place you did the payment ?

pictsidhe

Oh and another reply for the $6250 Rotax engine from Indonesia ..

I wonder if Rotax know their engines have a 3 year warranty!

Hi,

Thank you for your email reply,

And Happy New Year 2020..

Below our payment and terms condition :

We ship via DHL Courier Service take just 3-4 days with door to door service.

The payment process by Bank Transfer to our company bank account details, after payment immediately we process the shipment and provide to you the shipping document and tracking number as the proof.

This machine complete with 3 years international warranty and 3 month return policy and we offer refund in case of accident or damage during delivery, we will refund your money or replace the orders.

Please let me know if you accept our terms with provide me your complete shipping address, phone number so I can prepare the proforma invoice and send to you together with our company bank account details as place you did the payment ?
What do you think, clone, or con? If it's a clone, derating it (if it isn't already), may produce a usable engine.

cheapracer

Log Member
What do you think, clone, or con? If it's a clone, derating it (if it isn't already), may produce a usable engine.
100% a scam, and reported to Alibaba.

You couldn't sell that for $6000, and make profit, even if it was a copy

Thank you for waiting the proforma invoice sir,
Please check the new proforma invoice in your attached file. I send the proforma invoice with acceptable price and terms condition.
We waiting your payment in US$ 6250 to purchase :
- 1 unit of ROTAX 912iS Sport Engine - 100hp
Please was carried out by you the payment by using Bank Transfer so that the process of the sending of your money is fast and immediately we will process the sending and send you the Tracking Number and also together with the legal certificate.
I hope you can process the payment today, so by tomorrow we can directly arrange the shipment.
Please sent to our Company Bank Account :
Bank Name : BANK CENTRAL ASIA (BCA)
Bank Beneficiary : ADYTIA YARHAM SARAGIH
Bank Account Number : 8200-6914-41
Bank Swift Code/IBAN CODE : CENAIDJA
Bank Branch : BCA SEMARANG
Bank Address : Jl. Pemuda No.90-92
Zip/Code : 50133
Please make the payment correct as the details i give you, especially for the beneficiary name Put Only "ADYTIA YARHAM SARAGIH" so there is no any delaying or mistake for process our local bank authorized and we will not to pay the expensive bank of charge when we received it.
Ps. If you have make the payment please sent me the scanned or statement payment receipt from your bank as the proof . We will show on it to our Manager.
Waiting from you soon
Kind Regards
Dimas Manuk
==============================================================================================================
ADYTIA YARHAM SARAGIH
Kawasan Industri Bukit Semarang Baru Blok A5 no. 9
Semarang, Propinsi Jawa Tengah
50133, Indonesia
Telp : +62-24-7711321/+62-24-7711410
Mobile : +62-811-1470-3209
==============================================================================================================

and he's trying to pass it off as a genuine item, serial number and all the Rotax spares ....

scam.jpg

cheapracer

Log Member
Does our man in China know anything about these Rotax?
Warning from Rotax Owners Group .. same engine number.

https://www.rotax-owner.com/en/rotax-forum/rotax-owner-community-forum/6226-fraud-warning-online-scam-involving-rotax-engines

Latest emails ...

Hi Dimas

I was working today, very busy.

I will need further evidence that you have this engine and are the seller please. Send photos of you with the engine, at your place of business thanks.

This is a lot of money, I can't just send it on what you have shown me so far.

Mark.

Hello Sir,

We are a company not a personal trader, already provide to you the photos complete with the serial number, you will not find that photos or serial number in google.

I know your concern here and that is why our last terms is 50% in advance and 50% again after you received the engine directly in China.

If you agree 50% in advance is US$ 3125.

Please let me know what is your last decision ?

Hi Dimas.

Understood. I am flying home to Australia in 8 days time for the Chinese New Year holiday, I will be happy to stop over in Indonesia for a day or two, and we can finish our deal then, I will bring cash. Ahmad Yani Airport is quite a convenient stopover too, and I love Indo food!

Mark :)

.... Will be interesting to see his answer to me coming to him personally!

hangarrat101

Assuming the engines in Indonesia do exist one wonders where they're from. Over the last few years there have been dozens (literally) of Rotax engines stolen in the UK. People would break into the hangar and remove the engine from the front of the aircraft. I know one strip had 6 engines stolen in one night. You do have to wonder where they all ended up........

cheapracer

Log Member
Assuming the engines in Indonesia do exist one wonders where they're from. Over the last few years there have been dozens (literally) of Rotax engines stolen in the UK. People would break into the hangar and remove the engine from the front of the aircraft. I know one strip had 6 engines stolen in one night. You do have to wonder where they all ended up........
Russia likely. You don't steal 6 in one go, as well as the others, unless you have somewhere to place them. Obviously well organised.

The engine number on this Indo advert is the same one as the previous scam. The scammer asked for those pictures above from Rotax Canada which included that engine number.