• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotax 912 Prop Flange Dimensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karmarepair

Supporting Member
I've been noodling around, examining design alternatives for relatively easy ways to direct drive props from the flywheel end of various V-Twin engines, and had a need to know what the Bolt Circle Diameter was for Rotax engines.

Rotax prop flanges, at least on the current 912/914s, are as full of holes as a cheese grater. I think the way this worked out is the first engines had the same BCD (75mm, 6 M8 bolts) as earlier 2-strokes. These started to break, so they went with a larger diameter and bigger fasteners (80mm, 6 M11.5). But SOME PEOPLE wanted the US standard SAE#1 prop pattern, so they added 101.6mm (4") BCD, and threaded inserts, metric or UNF, you chose. All on the same flange.

This service bulletin explains it all http://legacy.rotaxowner.com/si_tb_info/serviceinfo/4kul94.pdf

I've cribbed it a bit, and created this diagram for study/reference/system interface purposes. All rights in data are reserved by Rotax.

I'd appreciate any corrections/amendments/additions by anyone with superior knowledge to mine.

In case you're wondering, prop extensions to fit these bolt patterns are available here: Saber Manufacturing - prop extensions, crush plates & bolts
and here Extensions|Airmaster Propellers
and here (scroll down) Warp Drive Carbon fiber Propellers ON SALE, Warp Drive Helice
And here www.airtrikes.net {see their pricing page, called a "spacer"}
Rotax912PropFlange.png

Back