• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotax 912 carb sync.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusionfab

Well, after some down time with the plane over the winter and redoing cooling issues etc. I'm just about to wrap up it all up once the plumbing is done.

This weekend I will be running and syncing the carbs. The previous owner installed this freshly rebuilt stratos EA81 and encountered loss in power and engine wouldn't reach high rpm's. I purchased the plane, rebuilt the ridiculously dirty and clogged carbs and re did throttle linkage so they were pulling equally and a huge difference in power gain and rpm range. Now I am confident the issues were fuel and intake.

So here are my questions:
1. What are your thoughts on this cross section hose that leads from one carb manifold to the other, is it some sort of vacuum balancer?
2. On the one manifold theres this press in fitting thats loose and seems to me like it would be a huge vacuum leak, is that supposed to be like that?
3. Lastly, with no ports on these intakes and just this connecting hose, how do I go about syncing the carbs? Or am I bench top syncing them equalizing all set screws?

This is a freshly rebuilt subaru EA81 engine with the dual 912 carb conversion.

Here is the link to the video showing what I mean and I appreciate any help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UMNsQza-v4

Back