• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotax 277UL/277F Electric Start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armilite

Has anyone adapted a Rotax 277UL/277F to Electric Start using a GPL Unit or other Type of Electric Start? Any photos, Info on how you did it?

I have a 277UL Free Air Case, Crank, Cylinder, Head, etc. Also got a Jet Ski Starter same Type as GPL used.

Seen these photos of one done many years ago, but no details were given, and the photos were not very clear.

I believe there were (3) different GPL Housings, I found the D4 drawing on the net, and made this Drawing using a 380 Case, but I haven't printed it out on Clear Transparency Paper yet to see how it fits on the Case. I don't have the Free Air Housing yet for the 277UL.

Attachments

• ROTAX 277 GPL MONTE ZOOM IN 2.jpg
    ROTAX 277 GPL MONTE ZOOM IN 2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ROTAX 277 GPL MONTE ZOOM IN 1.jpg
    ROTAX 277 GPL MONTE ZOOM IN 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2
  • GPL STARTER HOUSING ADAPTER.jpg
    GPL STARTER HOUSING ADAPTER.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1
  • GPL_D4_CastingTrace.jpg
    GPL_D4_CastingTrace.jpg