• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotary Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kupo Kupo

Hi everyone,

My name is Vlad and I'm looking into making a purpose built aviation rotary for the LSA/experimental market. I wanted to ask the nice people on this forum to see what kind of interest everyone would have to see if I should continue with the project. Anyway, here are the specs thus far:

-Twin rotor
-Side port intake & exhaust
-Aluminum rotor housing and side plates
-Iron rotor "sleeves"
-Liquid cooled
-Direct driven
-Uses as many oem Mazda parts as possible (oil pan, water pump, oil pump, etc.)
-Custom rear plate for dynafocal or conical mounts
-Custom front plate to fit starter

The motor would be sold as either a build it yourself kit, or possible package. The build it yourself kit would include the "block" and internals and you would supply all the Mazda oem parts and custom intake and exhaust along with everything involving the fuel injection system (fuel injectors, FPR, lines, ecu.) The possible package would be everything you would need to install the **** thing.

Just as a note, none of this is written in stone, I just wanted to see what interest would be in such a product and comments, recommendations, etc. from the fellow forum members.

Back