• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Room for one more???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RX7-Guy

Hello everyone,

My name is Brett & I’m a 38 year old native of California. I learned to fly in high school but got distracted in college & haven’t flown since. I did however take my written last October just for giggles & surprised myself with a 97.

I’ve been fascinated by the science of aeronautical engineering for as long as I can remember. I spend much of my spare time either engaged in a hypothetical battle of wits against drag or jockeying imaginary components around in a quest for that mythical uncompromised configuration.

I appreciate everything from tube & fabric bush planes to fast glass cross country ships & everything in between.

For my first project, I’d like to build a single seat, 503 or VW powered, trailerable aircraft.

I’d like there to have been enough examples of the design built to instill confidence yet not so many that the supplier’s head has become swollen; know what I mean???

Here’s my current short list:

Circa - Newport 11
Fisher – Youngster or Avenger
Corby – Starlet

Any suggestions for other aircraft I should consider would be appreciated.

Back