Quantcast

Ron Dixon and the Minicoupe

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

WarpedWing

Well I think I just might. I sent him an email after I read this thread. It was nice to have him reply and catch up. He is hoping to make it to FL after this Covid mess is over. He's no spring chicken. He is being careful. He has been through a lot in the last few years. He lost his Wife Ann to cancer this past year. She was a great person and shared Ron's passion for aviation. I know he misses her deeply.

My brother in-law purchased a set plans from Ron. I had to laugh when he excitedly told me he got them. He had no idea I knew Ron. Now, once we finish the Ridge Runner and then his BK Flyer, I think a MiniCoupe would be in order.

Where are you located here in good ole FL? From your profile photo, i see you have one> Are my eyes deceiving me?

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Used to be a Mini-Coupe based at Ashland, Ohio for many years. One time about 17 of us got together and flew to different fly-ins in formation. I was flying my Ercoupe and flew with the VW powered Mini-Coupe. He could out climb my Ercoupe but my Ercoupe was about 5 mph faster. I was impressed with the performance of the MC with the little 1600 cc engine.

pwood66889

From Ocala, Warp, one takes US 27 NW through Williston and Perry. Then US 98 into Wakulla County thence 319 west to Sopchoppy.
Your eyes are not deceiving you; it is a two-place MiniCoupe. Called an Ercoupe. May be getting involved in another one, `cause one cannot own enough "Twin-Tailed Tigers."